Alumni Association is an association of former students of an institution.Alumni Association of our college organizes social events, cultural programmes, personality and placement training programmes and even raises funds for the organization. Alumni Association has a variety of benefits and services that help alumni to maintain connections to their institutions and fellow students. In our college Alumni Association was formed in the year 2002.
- To promote cordial relationship among the alumni by bringing them together through various programmes.
- To extend help to the students for various training programmes like personality development training, placement training etc.
- To act as a bridge between college and external agencies like business units, industrial units etc. for interaction on new developments.
- To extend help to economically backward and meritorious students in the form of scholarships, midday meals etc.
- To extend every possible help to the college authorities for overall progress of the institution.
Activities of the Association:
The activities of the Association are managed by the executive committee. The following are the important activities of the Association:
- On the annual dayof the college, the members visit the college and participate in Alumni Sports Meet and Alumni Day Celebration.
- The alumni provide financial support to various activities of the college.
- The alumni felicitate meritorious students during annual day celebration.
- The alumni provide assistance during the NSS Special camp programmes/NCC Camps/Rovers and Rangers Camp etc.
- The alumni attend executive committee meetings and Annual General Body Meetings.
- The alumni attend Annual Get-together function during Alumni Day Celebration.
Every student who passes out of the college becomes a member of the Association by paying a nominal fee of Rs.100 as annual membership and Rs.500 as life membership.
The activities of the association shall be managed by the executive committee. The following members of the alumni are serving as office bearers of the executive committee of the association from 2016-17 onwards.
Name Of the Office Bearer
|President||Sri Yathiraj Shetty|
|Vice Presidents||Sri Ramesh Shetty
Sri Shanthrama Kudva
|Secretary||Sri Sudeesh Kotian|
|Joint Secretaries||Sri Shivaram
|Treasurer||Sri Prakash Naik|
|Sports Secretary||Sri Naveen R Puthran|
|Sports Joint Secretary||Sri Vikas Jain|
|Cultural Secretary||Sri Maqbul Hussain|
|Cultural Joint Secretaries||Sri Roopesh
|Advisors||Sri Abijith M
Sri Umesh Rao
Sri Mithrasena Indra
Sri Subhashchandra Chauta
Sri C.H. Abdul Gafoor
The Alumni Association has provided whole-hearted co-operation in various college activities since its inception in the year 2002. President and all the office bearers of the association are actively participating in the association programmes.
- On 19.02.2018 a guest lecture on the topic “Media and Youth” was organised in association with Fine Arts Association at 2.30 p.m. in the college. Dr. Maulya Jeevan Ram, Dean, Department of Journalism, Alva’s College, Moodbidri was the resource person. She address the students about the Role of Mass Media and impact of Mass Media on the youth. After the guest lecture an interaction session was also arranged and all the participants were actively participated.
- Sports and games competitions were organised for the old students and present students on 11.02.2018 on account of Annual Day celebration of the association. The Annual Alumni Day celebration was organised in the afternoon on the same day. The chief guests were Sri Srikanth Kamath, President Rotary club of Moodbidri and Smt. Usha Bhaktha, Assistant Teacher, Sri Sharada Vidyalaya Mangalore. Both guests are the alumni of our college and they shared their experiences as students. Sri Yathiraj Shetty, President of the association welcomed the gathering and presented the annual report of the association. Secretary of the association Sri Sudheesh and Joint Treasurer Sri Prakash Naik were present. The programme was presided over by principal Sri Raveesh Kumar. The stage programme was followed by cultural programmes by alumni and present students.
Presidents of the Association Till date