Certificate Course in Effective Public Speaking
Duration: 30 Hours
No. of students: 37
- Understand the importance of public speaking.
- Control once fears of speaking infront of groups.
- Use some rehearsal techniques to help once presentation style.
- Use verbal and nonverbal communication to enhance once speech.
- Take questions and get feedback from once audience.
- To provide participants with the practical skills and knowledge necessary to express themselves clearly, with confidence and power, in a variety of speaking situations.
Unit 1: Meaning, Objective, Importance Hours -03
- Become aware of Personal speech habits and characteristics.
- To increase confidence.
- Improve posture, voice, diction and other mechanics of speech.
- Develop speech preparation and presentation techniques, audience and self-awareness.
- Cultivate poise and self-confidence.
- Present a variety of speeches.
- Develop good listening and feedback skill.
Unit 2: Types of Public Speaking Hours-02
- Speaking to Inform
- Speaking to Persuade
- Speaking to Actuate
- Speaking to Entertain
Unit 3: Principles of Public Speaking Hours -02
- Perception : Stop trying to be a great “public Speaker”
- Perfection : When you make a mistake no one cares but you
- Visualization: If you can see it, you can speak it.
- Discipline : Practice makes perfectly good
- Description : Make it personal
- Inspiration: speak to serve
- Anticipation: Always leave emanating more.
Unit 4: Characteristics of Public Speaking Hours -02
- Be Yourself
- Practice not memorization
- Speaking a natural voice
- Voice modulations
- Keep it Short and sweet
- Connect with your audience
Unit 5 : Stage Manners Hours – 03
- Get rid of stage fear
- Knowing your audience
- Way of standing
- Eye contact
- Hands moment
- Legs moment
- Holding mic
Unit 6 : Language Fluency Hours – 03
- Voice variation
- Improving vocabulary
- Gap between the topics
- Using familiar words
- Using proverbs , shlokas, quotes
- Don’t be dramatic and emotional
Unit 7: Subject Preparation Hours – 02
- Point out the topic
- Don’t by heart
- Judge your audience mentality
- Be prepared at any time for any topic
- Draw the points in symbols
- Use humors in political situations
Unit 8 : Master of Ceremony Hours -03
- Hold the audience
- Be conscious about your costumes
- Don’t drag the concept
- Crisp your sentence
- Cover the whole stage
- Engage the audience with your thoughts
Unit 9: Interview Facing Hours -04
- Dressing sense for different field
- Confidence in thoughts
- Learn in say sorry
- Time sense
Unit 10 : Group Activity Hours- 06
- How to prepare a speech , group discussion and each team will do presentation