| The idea of involving students in the task of national service dates back to the times of Mahatma Gandhi, The father of the Nation. The central theme which he tried to impress upon his student audience time and again was that they should always keep before them, their social responsibility. On September 24, 1969, the union Education Minister Dr. V.K.R.V Rao, Launched the NSS programme in 37 Universities covering all states and simultaneously requested the chief ministers of states for their cooperation and help. It was appropriate that the programme was started during the Gandhi Centenary year as it was Gandhiji who inspired the Indian youth to participate in the movement for Indian Independence and the social uplift of the down- trodden masses of our nation.
“Youth for Science and scientific temper” with this slogan our college has been continuing two N.S.S Units since 1977. In this Year 206 volunteers have enrolled, out of that Unit I has 103 volunteers and Unit II has 103 volunteers.
- On 22.06.2018, following three students of our college participated in University Level “Swachha Gelathi Jagrathi Abhiyana” One day Workshop held at Urva Store, Mangalore.
- Joyson Prajwal D’Souza, II B.Com(A)
- Namitha, II B. Com(A)
- Sowmyalatha, II B.Com(A)
- On 07.07.2018, N.S.S programme officers Mrs. Kusuma and Mr. Rahul were participated in Mangalore University level N.S.S meeting held at University College, Mangalore.
- On 09.07.2018, 30 students of our college participated in University Level “Swachha Gelathi Jagrathi Abhiyana” one day workshop held at Alva’s College, Moodbidri.
- The Inauguration programme of N.S.S activities was held on 13.07.2018. Sri M. Raveesh Kumar, Principal of our college was the inaugurator and President of the programme. In his inaugural speech, he suggested the students to acquire love, self confidence, and self dependence and discipline in their life. The N.S.S leaders Mr. Joyson Prajwam D’Souza, Kum. Neetha, Mr. Mokshith B R, Kum. Lathashree were gathered. Mr. Nousir, N.S.S Volunteer welcomed the gathering. Kum. Neetha gave vote of thanks. Mr. Joyson Prajwal D’Souza was master of ceremony.
- On 13.07.2018, the orientation programme was held to the N.S.S volunteers. Mr. Santhosh, Lecturer, Sri Dhavala College, Moodbidri was the resource person of the programme. All the N.S.S volunteers actively participated in the programme.
- NSS Volunteers were actively participated in cleaning in and around of the college and it is followed by horticulture on 14.07.2018
- On 20.7.2018, NSS Unit of our college in association with Anti- Women Harassment Cell organized Swachha Gelathi- Jagrathi Abhiyana to all NSS Girls Volunteers and All First Year girls students of our college.
- On 20.07.2018, NSS Boys volunteers actively participated in Horticulture activity in our college campus.
- N.S.S volunteers of the college were participated in Vanamahostva programme. Sri Vinaya Chandra, Asst. Teacher, Jain High School, Moodbidri was the resource person of the programme.
- On 04.08.2018, NSS Units of the college has conducted “Swaccha Pakwara” programme. Dr. Ramesh, President Rotary Club, Moodbidri was the chief guest of the programme. In his Inaugural speech he spoke about the importance of internal and external and mental cleanliness in day to day life. Principal of our college Sri. M Raveesh Kumar, was the president of the programme.
- NSS Volunteers were actively participated in cleaning in and around of the college on 11.08.2018 in connection of Independence Day Celebration
- On 15.08.2018, NSS volunteers participated in Independence Day celebration.